Thursday, August 15, 2013

Tent Camping with Itty-Bittys

The next family/friend stop was in northern Ohio to visit Joelle, John, and their 4.5-month old baby Hunter!  So much fun to see this girl:

(behind-the-scenes photo)
and her fam!  We ate lots of delicious food (John smoked salmon and venison for us... yummmmmm...), and tent camped for 2 nights.  
...with a 4.5-month-old baby.
...and a 2.5-month-old baby.   
...and July heat, humidity, and bugs (oh, this is what summer is like outside of California... I had forgotten).   
...and a severe thunderstorm with 45 mph winds in the middle of the night.  
AND... it turned out to be a ton of fun and showed us all just how tough we are!  Luckily, a few of John's [wonderful] family members had campers with AC, so we had a place to get out of the heat, nurse, and let the babes nap during the day.  

The kiddos were actually ridiculously amazing.  Cooper woke up during the thunderstorm but didn't make a noise - just watched the tent blow around and almost collapse on top of him.  It was probably pretty interesting.  [Side note: the other day I decided I'd try to experience the world from Coop's perspective and layed down on the ground with him, looking up at the toys I had hung overhead that he seems to enjoy so much. I could totally see how a swaying tent and lightning could be extremely entertaining!] Hunter's bed got soaked, but he didn't cry, either! 

"Here, here, little one, I will show you the ways of the world."  -An older and much wiser friend, Hunter
Adorable? Yes.  But don't they just look hilarious?  It seriously looks like we photoshopped babies' heads onto different babies' bodies.  Babies don't have necks... right, Scott? [Scott yelled out to my sister one day when June was several months old, "Mom! Look! June does have a neck! I found it!"]
 

Can you believe we didn't take any photos of actual camping?!  Hunter is such a sweet boy and it's so great to see someone you love so much in a new role that they're great at!

No comments:

Post a Comment