Monday, January 6, 2014

A Texas Christmas

Cooper and I spent Christmas in the great state of TEXAS!  

Coop met Santa (a friend of the family dressed up for him!  SCORE for avoiding the mall, long lines, and paying to pose a baby with a stranger!):


and loved him!  He was particularly intrigued by the massive amount of facial hair.  Maybe Daniel could grow a mustache  - within Navy regulations, of course! ;)  (But seriously, please don't, Daniel... I think you'd look creepy.)

 There were traditions, like photos in front of Christmas trees:

and reading the story of Christ's birth on Dad's (and now "Cap"'s) lap:
 Lots of snuggles and playing with presents:



Borrowing June's motorcycle
 and some adventures, like taking 4 kids 5 and under to a zip-line course:

 I don't have pics, but Scott (5 years) went with me to the highest course -- definitely over 50 ft tall and walked easily and fearlessly across "bridges" (single ropes or sometimes thin, wobbly beams) that connect platforms.  Talk about BRAVE!  I'm pretty adventurous and I got butterflies!

And train-rides in jammies and Winder Wonderland fun with Cap and Juju:


Feeling a bit like a super-mom!


 There was lots of jumping:

and naked jumping:
 and outside play with cousins:





It was great to spend time with my parents, sister, bro-in-law, nephews, and niece! 

I'm going to start posting shorter posts more frequently, kind of documenting our day-to-day stuff.  Look for lots of Cooper pics!



2 comments:

  1. Cooper in a tie!!!!!! Bring him to me immediately!

    Y'all look awesome with all the kids together. That picture really supports my thoughts that 4 children is the number at which people stop and stare. And thanks for the photos to help explain the obstacle course more; I wasn't clear on how it worked from the boys' descriptions.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So agree with Jenn! Cooper in a tie....best ever! Love these pics and your posts! What a feat taking 4 little kiddos to an obstacle course. I'm impressed. And yes. You are a super mama!!!

    ReplyDelete