Monday, March 31, 2014

Some Favorites

We've had an eventful last few weeks, but I wanted to jot down some of my current favorites from our little cutie, whose personality is definitely starting to show:

This little guy LOVES reading, being outside, taking baths, "wrestling" and playing. He's full of smiles and giggles.






* The little squeeky noise he makes when we sit him down on our lap to begin to read a book. He gets excited but it's not an all out giggle, just a "hehehe".

* How he loves to turn the pages of the books. I'm pretty sure he either knows what "Turn the page" means (well, probably the tone of voice I use to say it), or realizes when I stop talking about that page he can turn it.

* He usually reads through "Pat the Bunny" ferociously. He turns the page, immediately does the action on the page (pat the furry bunny, touch daddy's scratchy face, play peek-a-boo) and then immediately turns the page. His knowing the book so well could have something to do with the fact that I'm traveling with ~5 books so we read the same ones over and over...

* When we read "The Very Hungry Caterpillar", there's a little, white egg on the first page that sits on a green leaf. Every time we read it, he points to the little egg and scratches at it.

* When I bring out the nail clippers, he points his little pointer finger to get it ready for me to clip. Unfortunately, he ONLY points the pointer finger... makes it really easy to cut those two nails... but not so much the other 8!

* In the bath, he still goes crazy when he lies on his back. He splashes up a storm and pretty much gives anyone else in the room a bath, too. He kicks his legs and flails his arms for as many minutes as we'll let him play for!

* His favorite game these days is a baby version of chase/hide-and-go-seek. Daniel or I crawl behind a piece of furniture and he giggles all the way as he crawls to find us and then cracks up when he sees us. After several "finds", he comes to us and gives us big kisses and we roll around on the floor "wrestling" for a few minutes.



* He says "mama" and "daaa-dee", but usually only when he crawls over to our legs when we're doing something (almost always in the kitchen) and stands up and wants to be picked up.

* He LOVES stuffed animals and soft blankets, particularly the one that his Lolli and Pops gave him. When he sees them, he giggles and bounces and hugs them close and snuggles. Often before naps, he snuggles his blanket while we read or will lay down on it if it's on the ground. Precious.


3 comments:

  1. Hello little darling! Whose hand is swinging you in that first picture? I do not recognize the ring! Love love love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's Daniel! He lost the first 5 rings he bought (at the same time before our wedding... knowing he'd lose some), so he bought this copper one that he really likes.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness I love so many things about this post. He is precious. Seriously, I can hardly handle the cuteness/sweetness of this post. I cannot WAIT to see you guys!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete