Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Lately...

I had a full schedule of classes/work the past 2 weeks and it's made me that much more appreciative of the fantastic break we had.

Here are some highlights:
Jenn + kiddos came to visit us in Monterey.  Scott and Mark are most likely playing hockey with Daniel - I love this little smug June face!

We spent a long weekend at a cabin in the Lake Tahoe area with these wonderful people and Steve, Angela, Bennett, and Michelle (who somehow we didn't get any photos with)!  I LOVE these girls and our wonderful men!  Thank you Angela and Steve for letting us be a part of your anniversary celebration!









A BOY snuck into our photo!
Love the candids...









Next, Daniel and I visited a little town outside of San Luis Opisbo, CA and found a gem of a hotel to stay in (fresh, local pie each night at 8pm; warm cookies all day, every day; view of the ocean) - Avila La Fonda in Avila Beach, CA:
Our camera died shortly after we got there, so these are all you get!

This is an otter that was much closer than it seems - he would dive, grab some food, then return to the surface and hit it with a rock - it's what you learn about happening but so cool to watch it in nature (vs an aquarium)!

Then we headed to TN and then TX for Christmas and New Years with our families.  I didn't get pictures of our visits with old friends (J, Desi & Michael, Bayle & Corbin) or extended fam, so these will have to do!
Lots of delicious southern cookin' and freshly fallen snow in TN!
Tammie sweetly got a very talented friend of hers, Joannie with Joan of Art Photography, to take photos of us.  I'm ~5 months here.










 Anddd... on to Texas!


Cutie Mark ice skating before a hockey game.
The boys with their Christmas gifts ... ROCKETS that we set off with ranges of ~200+ ft!



LOVED our busy break filled with traveling, wonderful family and friends, and LOTS of good food.  I'm so thankful to have you all in our lives!  More updates soon!

4 comments:

  1. You are gorgeous and glowing! Love the bump! All belly!! Hope to see you and meet the little man when we come to California!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linds! Yes! Send us details of your visit when you know them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just catching up on your blog and I LOVE that candid shot of roomies+hubbies. IT'S A FRAMER. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jenn!! Thats a framer fo sho. Those are such great photos. I absolutely love the photo of you on that bridge with your striped shirt on....so pretty. How did I get so behind on your blogs?? I love them all!! Keep them coming please!!!!! Oh, and you have some adorable nephews/niece. Strong work Jennifer! :)

    ReplyDelete